Posts Tagged ‘SEO’
With the latest Google + out the social media has been more competitve and with a better reach I would say it is natural that most SEO’s jump at this opportunity to take advantage of this especially when it is Google.
So here are some tips to maximize its use.
1. Make use of your Circles and check the people who are interested in whatever you’re working on at that moment.
2. Flow with the stream the bar on the right is a condensed version of my unexpanded stream from just the last hour make use of it and zero in on the topics realted to you or interested in.
3. Engage Your Base, interact with the people most likely to reply or reciprocate.
4. Be highly visible, social media is about perception so the more they see you the better your chances are of capturing audiences.
5. Give First, Then Ask Share other people’s posts and links, and [+1] what you like. Giving back builds up dividends, and you need to do it every day.
6. Try Trunk.ly. For tracking your links, Trunk.ly. is highly recommended.
For an indepth discussion click the source below.
Source – http://bit.ly/qF7O9R
With the internet showing no signs of slowing down what better way to market yourself, your product or anything else but to blog. Get these implemented on your blog and it will surely be an instant hit.
1. Blog with Personality make it reflect yourself and learn how to entertain and at the same time give out information
2. Encourage Blog Comments engage with your readers and encourage them to interact.
3. Don’t Stuff Your Blogs simplicity is still the best way to invite readers.
4. Proofread, Proofread and Proofread! Get to double check all the things you place in your blog.
For more detailed instructions click the source below.
Source – http://bit.ly/mZ6JVN
Here are some hard learned lessons you can capitialize if you decide to write your very own ebook.
1) Writing – even with an outline – takes much longer than you expect.
2) Editing takes even longer than writing.
3) Keep all pictures and screenshots.
4) Take preorders.
5) But don’t take too many preorders.
6) Figure out shipping costs before you offer free shipping.
7) If you offer free or flat rate shipping, make sure you make foreign orders pay the proper rate.
9) Work with a professional layout artist and pro printers.
10) Build an email list.
11) Promote your site via guest posts on blogs.
12) Make sure your graphics sparkle.
13) Google Analytics makes mistakes – sometimes very big ones.
14) Get the link to your squeeze page in early for higher CTR.
15) Get an editor – you’re never objective enough about your own prose.
16) Make an outline / table of contents asap.
17) Don’t allow your preorder title to tie you down as to the book title.
18) Build your Minimum Viable Product.
Get a detailed discussion after the jump
Source – http://bit.ly/qbldTi
SEO is a strategy which aims to improve the visibility of a website seek direct audiences that would ultimately patronize its products and services. But how do we effectively convert the traffic we are getting to revenues? Here are the things you should consider.
Visual Design – The thing you should keep in mind first is the Visual Design of your webpage that would capture the attention of potential consumers.
Usability -The next step would be to make your site User Friendly, design it so as that it is easy to use and navigate.
Utility – Lastly consider its Utility give them something unique which will really make them want to patronize as this will be you selling point.
Link building seems to be an overused term in the internet but how many of you really do what the words connotes? Link building is not just an SEO technique but a human activity that needs to be dwelled on. It is more or less synonymous to relationship building but in this case, online. The SEO technique would be to actually build relationships in the net . It is more effective than just “link building” as experts profess to this practice.
Source - http://bit.ly/iiaUPS
Tips on how to “turn off” personalization and localization in Google.
a. Googles way
1. Log out of your account
2. Delete your search history and/or
3. Clear your cookies
b. The Yoast collection of search plugins works in both Firefox and Internet Explorer
c. SEOmoz MozBar
d. Google global a quick and easy extension/add-on for Firefox and Chrome
e. Roll your own
f. remove localization from Google’s search results
Get in depth discussion on the link below.
Source – http://bit.ly/meE4My
SEO might not instantly skyrocket your site to the #1 slot on the SERPs, but there are other roles it can play in a long term strategy. The long term goal of an SEO should always be to increase conversion rate and eventually improve ROI. It is this construction of relevant traffic that is one of the most important roles that an SEO drive can generate, contributing a huge part in enhancing the online strength of a faltering business. Many factors can affect the ranking of company in the SERPs, not all of them positive but it is still important to build the strength of a brand through increasing visibility on the search engines. The generic search terms that relate to your business could win you the most relevant traffic.
source – http://bit.ly/iRJLE5
Did you know that the domain name Poker.org sold for a million Dollars? This was when domain names bubble was at its peak. A domain name is an asset, a *relative* store of value that can go up or down based on market conditions. Search engines can influence the value of domain names, search engines can decide what variables they want to count & how much. In a world where subjective marketing aspects (like branding) are replacing signals of relevancy the value of keyword domain names is greatly diminished.
source – http://bit.ly/m8fuue
How can you make your website standout among the rest? Competition is hard nowadays; SEO’s have the same complaint when it comes to website marketing, it takes virtually no effort for an intermediate or advanced SEO to understand a competitors’ main link acquisition strategies in an hour or less. That allows new entrants into the field to easily duplicate your hard, pioneering efforts. There are so many people trying to sell the same thing that it’s hard to stand out.
Differentiating your site in a lasting way is difficult, because competitors can copy you without much trouble. Why not use language barriers to your advantage?
source – http://bit.ly/k4ytUp
The article is about how one should go about optimising their webpage traffic and is specifically targeted at new web site owners. Mostly the article stresses the use of carful choices – The sites keywords or how it will fair in a search query is vital. After that the site must be relevant to that query and avoid 'spamming' which as the writer points out is one thing sites like Google flag. This can dramatically affect traffic. Finally the article encourages careful choices with regard to advertising which it points out can itself look like spam if it is overdone.
Read the full article here:
Five top tips for on-page optimisation